|Summer is right around the corner!|
|On Nantucket, we are shaking the sleepiness of a long winter and anxiously awaiting the return of our long-anticipated guests!|
|Restaurants are opening with new menus and the return of highly praised outdoor dining spaces, while stores are moving to new locations, freshening decor, and stocking the shelves with the latest trends and styles. At J Pepper Frazier Company, we are beginning the exciting process of preparing to host over 1,000 leases over the course of the summer in our collection of rental properties.
With spring cleaning on the brain and summer around the corner, it's important to make sure that your rental property is in tip top shape for a season with greater expectations than ever before.
Using the checklists below, you can ensure that your property is tenant-ready and a guaranteed success.
|A rule of thumb for item quantities? Property capacity!|
|One of the most frequent questions we get from our tenants is whether or not a property will provide enough items, such as beach towels and chairs, for everyone in their party.
That's why at J Pepper Frazier Company, we always say that when deciding how many of each item to provide, the best rule of thumb is to supply enough for the capacity of the property.
For example, if your property sleeps 11 people, then providing 11 beach chairs and at minimum 11 towels is imperative. This same thinking applies to other items like bath towels, wash clothes, hand towels, place settings, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact a J Pepper Frazier Company agent.
|Preparing Your Property|
|After a dormant winter, it's important to leave no corner of your house untouched when freshening up for the summer. We recommend a thorough cleaning of the entire property before your first set of tenants arrive to kick off the season. A few key items to remember when spring cleaning:|
- A professional cleaner for the property is highly recommended. Also, make sure to communicate with your cleaning company to ensure that a summer turnover cleaning schedule has been established
- Clean windows inside and out (Professional cleaning recommended)
- Cleaning of all carpet (Professional cleaning recommended)
- Cleaning of outdoor furniture and grills (Professional cleaning recommended)
- Pay special attention to the winter dust collectors, like ceiling fans
- Reorganize closets and make sure they are stocked accordingly (linens, fans, hangers, etc.)
- A thorough clean of kitchen appliances and laundry machines
- Take inventory of items like beach towels, beach chairs, beach umbrellas and other outdoor items to make sure there are enough for the capacity of the house
- Test WiFi and all TV's and remotes to ensure they are working
|After a long winter, our guests will be looking forward to spending time on your patios, decks, porches, and pool areas. Please keep these points in mind when readying them for the season:|
- Clean outdoor furniture and stage it back in place. Is there enough to comfortably seat your bedroom count?
- Clean and install umbrellas
- Deep and thorough clean of the grill, and provide 2 full tanks of propane
- Sweep patio/deck space
- Make sure landscaping is up to caliber, including weeded gardens, planted flower boxes, etc.
|When restocking your kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry areas, here are the items we highly recommend providing for tenants:|
- Two full gas tanks for outdoor grill
- Bath tissue
- Paper towels
- Clear garbage bags
- Cleaning sprays including glass cleaner, scrub, floor cleaner, etc.
- Hand soap
- Dish soap
- Working vacuum with bags
- Trash cans with lids
- Laundry detergent & fabric softener
- Flashlights with fresh batteries, additional batteries for remotes/smoke detectors
- Working gas grill lighter
- Light bulbs
|Highly Encouraged Extras|
|Here are a few items and concepts that our agents highly recommend providing for the 2021 season:
- Keyless entry with keypad installation
- New bath towels, bath mats, shower curtains and liners
- Mattress pads
- Completely stocked "under cabinet" areas
- Reduced/no clutter on table tops, shelves, dressers, and side tables
- New pots, pans, and skillets with anti-stick features
- House manuals that allow for tenants to reference throughout their stay
- New beach items including chairs, coolers, and towels
- Tupperware or Pyrex for tenant use
- Consider upgrading TV's, cable boxes/modems, etc.
If you are interested in learning more about professional cleaning services for carpets, walls, grills, and more, or would like recommendations for any additional services, please reach out to J Pepper Frazier Company - we would be happy to assist!